Wednesday, March 30, 2016

ColourArte Design Team Call

Good morning and I hope your Month of March was not total madness.Welcome to my blog.
Teri Sproul  with ColourArte sent me .
I made a small canvas today. I have a friend with a birthday and shipping to Europe is expensive so I kept it small.
This is a 5x7 canvas. I used gesso and then a stencil and paste. Once it was dry the coloring began.

There are many colors I began layering with.
LuminArte "Passion"
                  "Irish Mist"
                   "Deep Coral"
                   "Sunburst"
                    "Moss Agate"
                    "Snap Dragon"
                    "Majestic Blue"
and
                    "True Blue"

I added more beautiful sparkling H20 water colors ...The Sparkling h20's were perfect for this project.
Mustard green,Copper penny,Cranberry,Blue flame,Irish Mist,CranberryTeal Zircon,Fern and Sweet thistle.
 Each layer I would let dry and go over lightly with gold dust and let that dry.
It took about four layers for the colors to come through boldly.

When it was dry I used my fingers and rubbed a light coat of gesso over the middle section
I added a script stencil across the area I had used the gesso and covered it with paste.
I covered lightly when it was dry with this beautiful red "spicy Tomato" from the silks collection.
Then I began adding Key Lime "Silks" around the red flower





This is the effect after it dried.
I added some twine
and then some sea shells and I left it this way as finished. I love the simplicity.

Thank you for stopping in. I hope you have a fabulous week end and make it full of ColourArte .
 

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness WoWza !!! That is just AWESOME !!!! Such a glorious burst of colour and the sea shells finish it beautifully. Thank you for showing me the process. This is a stunning piece :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete